HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Fun!

I don't know about you guys but this was a strange Christmas for me...We have been trying all month to keep a right focus and talking about the true meaning of Christmas, the house was all decorated and the presents were wrapped....but somehow it didn't totally "feel" like Christmas.

Dominic's mom was really sick so we weren't able to go back to Parker for the weekend...so we spent that time at home as a family.  We didn't do anything terribly special....but it was fun to have a couple of extra days off to spend with family.

On Monday we went back to SD so that we could see my parents and then have Christmas Day with my sister's family.  We had cajun chicken linguini for Christmas Eve dinner and I have to say it might be my new favorite choice!! :) YUMMY!

Beth hosted on Christmas Day and we arrived to an awesome Christmas brunch! And her beautifully decorated house!

IMG_5207

IMG_5179

Oh and of course my sweet niece and nephew!!

IMG_5181

IMG_5194

My kiddos were pretty cute too! :)

IMG_5184

IMG_5190

IMG_5206

IMG_5213

Once the gift opening started...it was chaos!!

 IMG_5233

IMG_5234

 IMG_5239

Someone had a little too much fun in the discarded wrapping paper...

IMG_5251

IMG_5254

It was such a fun and relaxing day....I just felt so blessed that we could be together. While we missed having my brother and his wife with us....they get a pass since their sweet daughter was born a few days ago, and traveling from CA would have been too much! We got to Facetime with them though and that was nice!

As long as everyone stays healthy we hope to celebrate with Dominic's family on New Years Day!  I hope that you all had a blessed Christmas!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

 IMG_5277


No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved