HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Off to Denver!!

Well tomorrow (Thursday) I am headed off to Denver! My flight leaves from Omaha at 2pm and I am so excited!!! This is my annual trip out to see Karlena and to attend the Women of Faith conference on Friday and Saturday. It is always so much fun to spend the weekend with Karlena - she is an amazing woman. Every time I am blessed to be with her I walk away grateful that she is a part of my life.

We get to stay in a hotel in downtown Denver Friday and Saturday and it really is a mini vacation for both of us I think! And to top it off we get to be in the Pepsi Center with 20,000 other woman praising God together.

If you haven't been to a WOF conference - you really should go. It is an experience and one that I enjoy like it is my first time each year I attend. The speakers, the dramas, the worship songs, all of it revives my spirit.

None of this would be possible if I didn't have a husband who was willing to let me "escape" like this every year while he stays behind and takes care of our life at home. I know my leaving means that he will have to take care of "all the jobs", the kids, the lunches, the dog, the cooking, the entertainment. And I know that it can be stressful at times - but he selflessly encourages me to go and be with Karlena and I am so grateful for the way he loves me like that.

So if you read this - please say a prayer for Dominic and the kids this weekend. That their time together, just the boys, would be blessed with laughter and fun and little stress. And pray that I can be an encouragement to Karlena as she always is to me, that our short time together would be memorable for both of us. And that we both would feel the Holy Spirit move in our lives this weekend and we would be inspired to share that with others once the weekend is through!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved