HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Headed again to Denver!!

Tomorrow night I am once again headed out to Denver to visit Karlena!! It is going to be a short trip - just through Sunday afternoon but I am so glad that we get to have a few days together.

Karlena was moved home from the hospital on Saturday after almost a month.  Kerry, her husband, told me yesterday that they were working with Karlena's "team" to get hospice services set up in her home. This way she can be as comfortable as possible and also enjoy the comforts of home and family close by.

From what I understand she is doing MUCH better than she was when things were so critical in the hospital. And I am so thankful for that. But the truth of her situation is that her Ataxia makes any other medical problems she may have even more difficult, and it is draining on her body.

But Karlena is in good spirits. She knows that when God calls her she will be ready. Only He knows the day and the hour. Until then I am so grateful for the opportunity to love on her in person for a few days. To have those conversations and say those things that I need to say once again....just in case.

I don't want to sound like a downer here. I would love to be super optimistic and tell you that in 5 or 10 years that she and I will look back at this post and laugh at my ignorance.  I just don't know if we have that time and I can't take the time we have now for granted.

Dominic has been super supportive of me too and encouraged my "family leave of absense" again.  I would love to take Elijah along with me because Karlena would get a kick out of seeing him walk all over but it just can't happen for this visit. I do have a little surprise for her though. I printed out a year's worth of pictures of Elijah and Isaac and Gabriel and put them in an album for her! That way when I am terrible about posting pictures here she will have something with her to look at instead! :)

So please pray for safe travels for me tomorrow night at 8pm and Sunday afternoon at 2pm!! And pray that my time with Karlena is God-filled and that we might both be blessed by our time together!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved