HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grateful

Last night I had the opportunity to meet with some very dear friends for our annual “gratitude gathering”. Every year around Thanksgiving we get together and take some time to share all of the things that we are grateful for. It is just such an uplifting time and this year the list seems so long of all the things I have to be grateful for and I wanted to share a few of those things here.

Grateful: For my God and my Savior. Knowing that I am a sinner saved by Grace is overwhelming at times but I am so thankful that God loves me that much that he would send His son as a sacrifice for my sins.

Grateful: For my husband. I am so proud of the man that Dominic is. He takes his role as husband and father very seriously and strives to be the man that God would have him to be. He is under so much stress being away from his family, starting and learning a new job and studying for, and now waiting for the results of a big test. Yet he finds ways to be grateful for each opportunity and is a positive example to his co-workers and new boss. I couldn’t ask for a better husband!

Grateful: For my kids. Each one of our sons is unique and wonderful. Isaac has been such a big help the past 8 weeks. Often times putting my needs before his wants and being such a good big brother to Elijah and Gabriel. I don’t know what I would have done without him so many times and I am so grateful that I have a teenager that is such an amazing young man. Gabriel is a joy to be around and is so excited about school and everything that he is learning. He impresses me with all that he remembers and his positive attitude. Elijah sees wonder in the little things and goes crazy when he sees the moon and bugs and puppies. We hear those words over and over every day and I wouldn’t change a moment of it!

Grateful: For the opportunity to be pregnant. And this time with a girl! I LOVE my boys, but there was always a part in my heart that longed to have a daughter. I can’t believe that I have been given this chance and that she will carry on the legacy and the name of Karlena makes this time even more special.

Grateful: For my parents. I am so lucky to have 2 parents that are so supportive and loving. My mom came down on the night of our meeting, picked up our kids and then watched them at our house until I could get home. I know that it was a long night for her too, but she was excited to give me a night off. My dad is such a good grandpa to our kids too and makes things like having pancakes on Saturday morning a big treat!

Grateful: For my job. In this economy I know that just having a stable job is something that not everyone has. So even when it gets stressful I must remember that each day is another opportunity to help provide for our family.

Grateful: For so many little things. Like having a warm and safe home to raise our family, a vehicle that gets me to and from work each day, friends that love and support me, seeing a beautiful sunset on my way home from work and the ability to laugh at my mistakes and be willing to use those as an opportunity for growth.

The list really could go on and on. I hope that in the next few days, wherever you may be and whomever you are spending your time with, that you take a moment to think about some of the things that you are grateful for. I know that even in the dark times a light of hope can be seen if we are willing to look for it! I hope you have a safe and very blessed Thanksgiving! Much love to you all!!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved