HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Heavenly Birthday Celebration

Yesterday would have been Karlena's 36th birthday.  This year she had a heavenly celebration I am sure.

Oh how I miss her. :(

I am grateful that she is no longer in pain, but selfishly I wish she was here and I could see her, talk to her, ask her for prayer...

I was listening to a Women of Faith CD on the way home from work and heard this song called  "Worthy is the Lamb".

As I listened to the lyrics I could picture Karlena, arms raised, singing....

Worthy is the Lamb!! Worthy is the Lamb!!

We celebrated Jesus' resurrection on Sunday and it is a reminder again that He has overcome the grave....He has paved a way for us and one day I too will join her, and only because of God's grace.

Worthy is the Lamb

Thank You for the cross Lord
Thank You for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace

Thank You for this love Lord
Thank You for the nail pierced hands
Wash me in your cleansing flow
Now all I know is
Your forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crowns
You rein victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The darling of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb

Missing you friend.....

3 comments:

Clare said...

Happy belated birthday Karlena.

Kami said...

I completely understand that "selfish" part of you that wants her back. I, too, want my aunt Laurie back. My prayer is that God will comfort you and wrap His arms of love around you and hold you tight. It's not an easy road, but thankfully it's one that we don't have to walk alone!

By the way, I absolutely love that song!

Traci Michele said...

so sorry for your loss!

Found you over at Angie's blog! Nice to meet you. Following along with you now!

Love,
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved