HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Some of my favorites....

So I am partnering with BlogFrog today to talk about some of my favorite blogs, Facebook friends/Twitter peeps.  It is possible that you haven't ever heard of these awesome women and so I wanted to give you a chance to "meet" some of the people that have a positive influence on me.

Of course I can't start a list like this without mentioning Angie Smith. Angie's was the first "blog" I ever read...when I didn't even really get what a blog was.  During that time she was writing about the pregnancy with her sweet Audrey.  He faith, her trust in God during such an amazingly difficult time inspired me to start writing myself.  Her walk encouraged me when I had a miscarriage myself.  Angie is now a Women of Faith speaker (and yes will be in St Paul - YAHOO!!)  She is also the author of 3 books and her newest "Mended" is, like the rest, God inspired. A must read!!  If you haven't ever heard of Angie...you need to click on her name above and head over to her site and be encouraged yourself!


Kate over at Kate's Life is a new friend that I have met through blogging. She is from Canada and just another reason that I need to keep my passport up-to-date...someday friend I am coming to see you!! :)  She has a beautiful family and blogs about life and faith. She and her husband have been through some very trying times recently - but she remains steadfast in her faith and continues to praise God despite their struggles. Love that! Kate can also be found on Twitter at @Katieb38. Trust me when I say this is a woman you will be encouraged by!

My dear friend Kami blogs over at My Beautiful Day.  Kami is another woman that I happened to meet through blogging - but then we got to meet in person for the first time at WOF last year!! And we are going as a group again this year. She is one of the nicest girls I know and has such a big heart for others.  I only wish we lived closer so that we could hang out more than once a year!! :)  Stop over and ckeck out Kami's blog and give her a "follow" - you will be glad that you did!
One of my favorite "pages" on Facebook is one for Sufficient Grace Ministries.  In their words..."Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women, a 501 (c ) 3 non-profit, non-denominational Christian organization, was founded in 2004 by Kelly Gerken with the purpose of reaching out to women and families to offer comfort, encouragement and hope. The Dreams of You division of this ministry was created specifically to provide comfort to women and families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death."


It is unfortunate that an organization like this has to exist but since infant loss is so prevelant - their ministry is crucial and I am so grateful for all that Kelly Gerken does to make this a wonderful ministry to so many women. And Kelly is just a sweetheart herself...and an amazing prayer warrior. I have messaged her on FB before with an urgent prayer request and she was gracious enough to lift up the one I asked for prayer for.  Jump on over to her blog, see what they have to offer and consider donating to their cause.       These are just a couple of the wonderful women that have had an influence on me in my faith walk and my blogging journey. I am blessed by each of these women and am excited to hear about who encourages you. Jump on over to my community page at Blog Frog and join the discussion!!


As a part of the BlogFrog Influencer Circle, I have the chance to create meaningful, authentic content for brands I love.  If you’re a blogger interested in new opportunities, join BlogFrog’s Influencer Circle and check out some of the top brands already working with BlogFrog.

If you’re a brand looking to work with online influencers, learn more about BlogFrog’s Brand Solutions here. Now, I’m curious. What do you love most about blogs and blogging?

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogFrog. The opinions and text are all mine.


3 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Aww, Kristin, thank you so much. So humbled and blessed by your sweet words. Much love to you...

P.S. Angie's blog was the first blog I ever read, too. :)

Kami said...

You are far too sweet! I am so thankful to know you and am SO VERY MUCH looking forward to seeing you next month! You are a huge blessing in my life and I can't help but smile at the fact that God knew you and I would be great friends - so he created this awesome thing of the internet and blogs just so that we could get to know each other.

You are amazing, my friend. Thank you for such a sweet shout-out! :)

Kate said...

I keep thinking about this, and how it made me feel. I continue to be blessed by you. So thankful our Lord brought us together!



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved