HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Monday, September 24, 2012

All The Happenings...


Things have seemed a bit crazy here, days and nights running together. But we are doing good and it feels once again that I haven't posted much about what's going on.  

Elijah started Preschool a few weeks ago! I can't hardly believe it he is old enough to start.  He goes every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30-11am.  He get's to come with me to my office each morning and be with me until school starts. Then I run him over to school when it's time (and "hide" according to Elijah....he thinks I hide from him while he is in school!) I am glad that he is enjoying it so much and hopefully this experience will better prepare him for kindergarten in a few years!

Here he is on his first day!
 Trying to make a quick fire before we left that morning! :)

Gabriel has found a new love for basketball. He started bringing his own basketball to school with him every day. He and a few other boys play together.  We have talked for the past year about getting a hoop but never really followed through with it.  He said that he wanted one for his birthday. But his birthday isn't until the middle of October and we wanted him to have plenty of time to use it before the snow comes.

So we found this hoop and gave it to him early!

We have had so much fun with this. The kids love it and we have even played some games of Horse and Pig.  And I may have just been the champion of the world beating dad and Gabriel!! ;) All those years in Y-ball are coming back to me!!

Gabriel is pretty good himself and I love that everyone is getting a little exercise too.

We have added a couple of new "members" to our family....we attended a church picnic in August at one of the church families farm.  They had probably 25+ kitties that all needed a home. Since we moved here Isaac has been asking for a cat. I have been reluctant just because I liked not having to clean up after an animal....but something happened at this church picnic and somehow 2 little kitties ended up in our van.

 
 The kids LOVE them. I mean just love them.  Maybe a little too much at times (I'm talking to you miss K). But they really are sweet and the two get along and play together. Now the Smith family is complete.

Poor kitty doesn't have a chance when Karlena is around!!  We still don't have names for them. The vet called them "large kitten" and "small kitten"....we need names fast before "large kitten" gets a complex! :)

Dominic's foot is coming along. He wore a shoe for the first time last week!  We put the crutches away and I think the boot is soon to follow. He has to go to physical therapy 2 times a week and they really work his foot hard. They are teaching him how to walk with a better stride so he doesn't hurt himself from limping.

We are so grateful that it has healed this well. But he remains in constant pain. I can't fully understand what it is like - but he is never comfortable. And that is hard. It is a little overwhelming at times wondering if this is a good as it will get. Fully 3 months after his accident to still be feeling constant pain is hard. Please pray for him and for his foot to continue to heal with minimal pain.

His business is booming. I mean we still at times can't believe it. God has been SO faithful in this venture.  Things happen outside of our control and we just have to believe that God's hand is in all of it. So very grateful for this.  It means working weekends and some long nights....but it is so exciting to see how things are growing and we just continue to seek God's will in all of it.

We had family pictures taken yesterday out at Camden State Park.  The colors were beautiful and while Karlena refused to smile for us...I am excited to see how they turned out! Christmas projects here I come!

I am sure there is more that I haven't updated but this post has gotten long....so I will end it here. I hope you are all having a great beginning of the week!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved