Monday, September 23, 2013

Scarf Swap!!

So last year was the first time I participated in a blog "swap" of any kind.  One of those was a scarf swap.  Meredith from The Tichenor Family has been doing this scarf swap for 5 years!  It is just a fun way to meet another blogger and send them a surprise in the mail.

This year I was paired with Cherry Wood from Camping at the Woods.  Cherry is a wife and mother of 2 adorable and fiesty boys. (Oh how I can relate!!)  Hop on over to her blog and give her a little comment love won't you? :)

So we have this amazing shop here in Marshall called Noble Woman Boutique. It is my favorite store here in town and I knew it would be the perfect place to find a scarf for Cherry. You will have to check out her blog for exactly what I sent! :)

But she and I have very similar taste because we both love purple and both sent each other a purple scarf! 

So I wore it to church last week and after the service I asked Isaac if he would take a couple of pictures of me showing off my newest accessory.

Let's just say I don't have the modeling skills....luckily the scarf is awesome and makes up for my lack of coolness.


In the fall especially, I love wearing scarves to add a pop of color to a neutral and because my neck is usually cold I treat it as my necklace.


My husband was outside with us and kept making me laugh...I think here is saying something like "Own it like a boss"....which is NOT something he would ever say to me so I couldn't stop laughing. And Isaac had trouble getting a clear picture too!


I think I am maybe telling myself to focus here...I just have no words.

You know when you see a fashion blog the women are usually looking down or very serious....I tried really hard but I just couldn't pull it off!


Nope...I just look either slightly angry or like I am just about to throw up. I can't quite decide. :)  So while my ability to take a good picture is questionable - the scarf thankfully stands on its own.

It is soft and the perfect shade of purple. I love it!

Thanks so much Cherry for making this a fun swap!


And that my friends is a wrap.

2 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

You are so stinkin cute! I feel the same way everytime I have Kev take my pictures for my frugal fashion posts - I am clearly not model material! I love the scarf- it looked great with the black and grey! :-)

Kristin C said...

Cute scarf! I always try to imitate fashion posts with tossing the hair...it never works, so I just tilt the head and smile :)



The Smith Family Journey

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved