I have seen this done on other blogs and thought it might be fun. I wanted to share 50 things about myself that you may or may not know. Kind of a “get to know me” sort of deal. Sorry if this gets too lengthy!! And if you want to know more just leave me a comment and maybe I can add to the list!! Enjoy!
1) I am 34 years old – will be 35 in January.
2) My hair is permed, but after 3 kids I now also have some natural curl in there too.
3) I have always been jealous of people that have long, beautiful, straight hair. Mine has always been frizzy at the ends and doesn’t look nice straight.
4) I would love to get Lasik surgery done.
5) I am obsessed with my teeth, always worried there might be something in them so I am always checking them in a mirror.
6) The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is brush my teeth. And then before I leave for work I brush them again.
7) We have 2 cats and a dog. I thought that I was a “pet” person but I have come to realize that for me the idea of being a pet person is way better than the reality of being a pet person.
8) When our cats vomit on our carpet I secretly want to throw them outside and see if they “runaway”. But the thought usually makes me feel pretty guilty.
9) I love to read but I always seem to start a book and then have a hard time finishing it.
10) When I do find a rare moment to read I tend to read every 4th word. I am a skimmer and often find if I reread something that there is something that I have missed.
11) I LOVE doing craft projects. I have a craft closet in my house that is stuffed full of crafty things. Problem is I often start something and then don’t finish it.
12) One of my character defects is starting something and then not finishing it!
13) I would love to learn how to sew, quilt specifically. But I am afraid that I will learn, start something and then not finish it and I don’t have another closet to spare for storage.
14) When I was younger I wanted so badly to be a professional ice skater. My friend Renee was really good, got to take lessons etc. and I thought it was such a beautiful sport. But I wasn’t athletic or graceful enough for a sport like that!
15) I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. My brother Mark taught himself how to play and didn’t even know how to read music. I would love to be talented like that.
16) If I ever learned how to play the guitar I would want to learn “church camp” songs. When I went to camp I always thought it would be awesome to be that person up front leading the music.
17) I took piano lessons until I was 8 or 9. I begged my parents to quit. My piano teacher had lost her husband and she would tell me that he was on a long bus trip in the sky. It creeped me out and I didn’t want to be alone with her. Besides my love of “quitting” was already quite developed and practicing was just no fun.
18) I am now living out my desires to be a talented musician vicariously though my oldest son Isaac. His piano teacher says he has more talent in his little finger than most do in their whole body. I encourage him NOT to quit.
19) I am jealous of women that say they are planning when they will get pregnant next and then make it happen. Getting pregnant with Gabriel and Elijah wasn’t “easy” and I always thought it would have been nice to “plan” it.
20) I don’t think I am done having kids yet. Maybe it is lack of sleep, or hormones from nursing but I already want to be pregnant again. It isn’t a good time really financially but my heart’s desire is to have a daughter.
21) If we do ever get pregnant again and have a daughter I want to name her after my best friend Karlena. She is an amazing example of faith and it would be such an honor to raise a daughter teaching her about who her namesake is.
22) I am blessed with a good job. I like what I do and who I work with. But if we could afford it I would stay home. I get so much enjoyment out of helping at the school or having lunch with Gabriel or having nice meals ready for dinner and I wish that I could do those things every day.
23) I am jealous of moms that get to stay home and be available for their family in that way.
24) I am often envious of people that don’t live paycheck to paycheck. We are definitely responsible for any debt we have and are working to be debt free some day but it seems that often others have an easier time at it than we do.
25) Jealousy/Envy is another one of my character defects. I often pray that God will help me be content where I am, not seeking after where I think I should be.
26) My natural tendency is to point out the negative in situations. I am working hard to combat this and with God’s help I am seeing life in the positive now much more often.
27) I accepted Christ as my personal Savior when I was really young at a Christian Women’s Club brunch I went to with my mom.
28) I reaccepted Christ every time that we went to these meetings. At the time I was looking for some “big change” and when I still was my regular self I thought that I didn’t do it right so I kept trying over and over hoping that someday I would “get it”.
29) 3 years ago I began a journey of developing a real relationship with God – one in which I am seeking His will for my life and trying to walk with Him daily.
30) I say that I am seeking God’s will for my life but I secretly hope that path doesn’t take me somewhere uncomfortable.
31) I often stretch myself too thin. I don’t like to say no to people and I want to be involved and helpful, but it often leaves me feeling worn out. I need to get a better handle on my priorities.
32) I love to sing. If I am alone in my car you would find me with the radio turned up and me singing along.
33) I only listen to Christian radio. The songs speak to me. I find such joy in worshipping through music.
34) I secretly wish that I had an amazing voice. I would love to be able to belt out a song like some of those musicians do. I do sing in church on occasion but it terrifies me.
35) I don’t read my Bible like I should.
36) I am addicted to HGTV and the Food Network. My favorite shows are the Cake Challenge competitions and the “Designed to Sell” shows.
37) I sing silly songs to Elijah to make him laugh. I have one that I made up that was to help him hear and identify his own name. It goes like this: “Elijah, Elijah you’re my baby, you’re Elijah”. Gabriel and Isaac think it is funny and now they sing it too!
38) I also sing “You are my Sunshine” and “I am Waiting” to him. I LOVE that it makes him smile.
39) When I eat M&M’s or Skittles I group them together in a color pattern and then eat them. I sometimes make then into shapes first and then eat them in a specific pattern.
40) I am absolutely Type A.
41) I have a routine in the morning and I always do the same thing every day.
42) I have a short temper. My temper is DEFINITLY another one of my character defects. I often have to apologize for getting angry about something that wasn’t really “worth” getting angry about.
43) I love to take pictures and would like to someday take a class and learn how to take better pictures.
44) I think that being a photographer professionally would be so fulfilling. Maybe someday when we are independently wealthy! Ha ha
45) I went on a mission trip to Jamaica when I was a freshman in college. It was an amazing experience. I hope that someday I can do something like that again.
46) I don’t spend enough time telling/showing Dominic how much he means to me. He is my best friend and I often take him for granted.
47) I love to blog. I used to journal but - yes you guessed it – I quit that. But something about an “online” journal has been easier for me to keep up with.
48) I have different ideas every day about things I would like to blog about but in reality I probably blog about 1 out of every 10 ideas.
49) I know that with God’s help I can do all things but I am often scared about what I can handle. I put the emphasis on me and often forget about the “He” in those situations.
50) It is my heart’s desire to be an example of Christ in everything that I do. I usually fail miserably but I am not willing to give up on the thought!