HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In Which I Give Up Control


In a few very short hours (3am to be exact) Isaac will be getting up and getting ready for his second trip to Haiti.  I am so very excited for this opportunity for him and so proud of him that he has a heart to go in the first place.

But this mama's heart is also feeling scared.

If you haven't guessed it yet I am kind of one of those people who likes to have control of their environment. (Just a little) ;)

When my kids are close, I have the illusion of being able to control what happens to them. But when they get on a plane and fly to 3 airports, across a body of water and into a foreign country(even if he is with family)...well my ability to control goes out the window.

And so I must offer him back to the One who gave him to me in the first place.

And trust....

I truly hope this is an amazing experience for Isaac. I want God to reach in and move his heart in a BIG way. Trips like these can provide such perspective and I hope that he comes back changed.

Just come back safely....there I said it.

That is probably the biggest fear that I have - even when I travel away myself....

But I know that I can't be living in fear - not for me or for Isaac. That isn't what God calls me to do.

Matthew 6:27 "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

So tonight I physically open my hands...and once again give up control.  The act of actually holding open my hands reminds me that I don't have the reins anymore. That I am offering them up to God and asking that He take control.

So tonight and for the next week I covet your prayers. Prayers for Isaac and my dad and the rest of the team travelling together. Prayers for the people of Haiti that they will have an opportunity to spend time with. Prayers that their hearts will be open to God's leading and that they all may feel His presence in all they have before them. And prayers for safe travels during their entire trip.

Communication will be sparce througout the week but as I get updates I will share them here.  Thank you for loving my family and supporting them in prayer. It means so much to me!!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved