HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

31 weeks

Just another quick update to share. I am now at 31 weeks and the countdown is on, officially I have 62 days left until my due date. We are all getting very excited about seeing who this little guy will look like. He is still a little mover and was punching and rolling all over the place late last night and very early this morning. I am afraid we are going to have to have a talk with this “little meatball” about working on sleeping through the night at a very early age!

I know….I am dreaming!!

I had another doctor’s appointment today and all is well. I am still measuring a week in advance but she remains unconcerned at this point. His heart rate was 132 and my blood pressure is still low! I have fully recovered from my bout with the stomach flu from last week and the contractions that I had during that time have slowed way down. I did have a contraction while she was listening to the heart rate this morning – but they aren’t too frequent so they don’t pose much of a problem.

Last night when I was awake at 3:30am my mind started racing about all of the things that we have left to do before the big day. Everything from finishing up some details in the baby’s room to packing a diaper bag – which I still need to purchase – with things for coming home from the hospital. I don’t think this is nesting in its true form because I am just mentally obsessing over it at this point, but I am starting to feel the pressure of the countdown nonetheless!

We have this “understanding” that our lives are going to change again in a big way…but it is starting to set in how much it will be changing! Everything will take more time, and what has become my finely tuned schedule will now revolve around feedings and diaper changes and hopefully lots of naps! But despite the little bit of nervousness that I am feeling, I am so very excited about the gift we have been given in our long awaited 3rd son. Although the growing “meatball” within me frightens Gabriel, it is a miracle for me to watch the changes I am experiencing and to know that not too long ago I believed that it wasn’t going to be possible for me.

Proof that God’s plan is WAY better than mine and I need to have faith that He has my best interests at heart. How quickly I forget at times!

Finally I want to close by sharing another blog that I would ask you to read and pray about http://mckayfamilylife.blogspot.com. This precious woman is also pregnant and due just a few days before I am. Last month her husband was sick, ended up in the hospital and died a short 10 days after discovering he had non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. They also have another young son and I can’t imagine her grief right now. When I first was linked to her blog I felt such a strong desire to pray for her. Maybe it is the fact that I know where I am in my pregnancy and I can’t imagine going through it without Dominic by my side. Please pray for her and ask that God will continue to make Himself real to her during this time.

And if you don’t have that assurance of a God that will walk with you through all things please contact me. It is a simple prayer to ask Him into your heart, and needs to be followed with a willingness to seek Him in all things, turning towards His ways and away from our own selfish motives. He desires that we come to a fellowship with Him and the comfort of knowing I have a God who will be with me is well worth any earthly sacrifice that I might have to make.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

1 comment:

David and Emily McKay said...

Thanks! I can't thank you enough for the prayers they have truly been sustaining me!



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved