HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oatmeal

I cannot believe it, but Gabriel likes oatmeal! I am surprised and shocked that he was even willing to try it. Last night, out of the blue, he says to me “Mom guess what I had for breakfast at school?” This in itself was an out of the blue question because usually I have to initiate that type of conversation. When I asked him to tell me he said “Oatmeal, sugar and strawberries.” So I asked him if he liked it and he enthusiastically answered, “YES”. Then he asked me if I knew how to make oatmeal so I asked him to tell me. He said, “Take the oatmeal, add the sugar and stir it up.”

So there you have it – simple as that! Not that I need to know because I am sorry to say that oatmeal is NOT something that I will be making at home. I believe oatmeal is probably one of the worst foods known to man. There is something about the texture, the smell, and the color of oatmeal that has always been gross to me. Gabriel has had issues in the past with the texture and smell of certain foods so I was shocked that he would eat oatmeal. He won’t eat toast – how can he possibly like oatmeal?!

I know a better mom would choose to serve their kids oatmeal in spite of their personal feelings about it, but I just can’t bring myself to do that. Sorry Gabriel – you will have to just enjoy your oatmeal at school.

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved