HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back Home

I had a wonderful, but short trip to CO to see Karlena.  It was so good to see her and spend time with her!  On Friday we had a really good day...lots of talking and laughing. On Saturday she was a lot more worn out...I think we overdid it a bit.  So she had a few more naps that day but we still had lots of chances to visit with each other.

It does seem strange at times to be having these kind of conversations with someone that is so young...but she reminded me once again that she isn't afraid to die and that she knows she will be with God when it happens.  She is such an inspiration to so many people.  She said that people tell her that and she doesn't know why....I said it is because she had a choice when all of this started to either be angry, bitter and negative or to love and trust God inspite of her circumstances.

She chose the latter....and it is that perspective, that attitude that is so inspiring!  I have a picture of the 2 of us that I will try to get posted soon.  It was such a blessing to spend even a few days with her. And to tell her in person once again how much I loved her and supported her decisions going forward.

We both cried and cried when I left...but we both know that if that goodbye was our last in person...it is only a goodbye for awhile. I have peace in everything because of that assurance.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Glad to hear that your trip went well. She certainly sounds like an inspiring young woman!

Hope you're doing well! :)



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved