HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Family of Six


Last year, right after Christmas, Isaac went with my dad to Haiti.  They got home just days before the big earthquake that hit there and so the country and the people hold special places in our family's heart.

Isaac brought a few things back for our family and one of those things is the metal piece pictured above.  It is a tree with 6 birds in it.  He said at the time "I know we don't have 6 people in our family yet - but the last bird could be for the next baby we have".

Little did he - or any of us know - that almost one year later exactly we would be anticipating the arrival of that final addition to our family! It amazes me at times that we will be a family of 6 in just a few short weeks!!

I loved this "family tree" he found and wanted to do something special with it. So I found a large white frame at our local Goodwill store for $5 and painted it brown.  The I covered the "artwork" within the frame with a large piece of burlap material I found at Walmart and hung the tree in the center.

I love how it turned out! It is hanging at the end of our entryway hall so every night that we come home we see it when we walk in the door.

Today I am so grateful for all of my blessings. And I anxiously await the day when we will "officially" be a family of six!!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved