HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Compassion Bloggers in Tanzania



This week a group of bloggers is traveling with Compassion International to Tanzania, Africa and while there they are blogging about their experience.

One of the bloggers, Maggie, is a fellow Minnesotan and the creative genius behind Gussy Sews. I LOVE Maggie's ruffle bags...but even more I love her heart.

Today she posted on her blog about the beginning of her trip. Please head over here and see what she says in full. But I was impacted when she said ...."I think what God has been trying to teach me these last few months is these earthly struggles don’t matter. my purpose is in Him, and that’s enough. that is what matters."

My purpose is in Him.

Yes - this is what my purpose should be...but lately I find for myself that my purpose is self-focused. Worried about my little corner of the world and what I can do to make it better, what I can do to advance my career, what I can do to be a good mom or wife.  (The list could go on and on)

But when my focus is too much on the me, me, me...I stop looking to God and finding my purpose in Him.  I stop asking Him to be a part of every aspect of my life because I think that I can control it all.

And the reality is I can't.

I NEED Him...I need for my purpose to be in Him. And when it is everything falls back into place.

Would you join me in praying for the team over in Africa right now. Jump over to a few of the blogs to see how God is showing them His purpose. God wants us to seek Him, to seek out our purpose in Him. I am excited for the group and for the people they will have an opportunity to meet. And for the lives of the children that are impacted by Compassion sponsors.

God's blessings to all of you!!

Compassion Bloggers: Tanzania 2012

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved