HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Future Gymnast?

Remember when I wrote this post about our little climber girl? I was hoping that maybe it was just a phase...but it seems to be the norm around here. In fact we have just given into the fact that it is going to happen and so we try and eliminate potential areas of "damage" if you will by keeping the table cleared off. That way when she goes up there she just sits and talks to herself.

Well she is a little escape artist also! Our front screen door doesn't latch and lock well and she is just tall enough to let herself out the door if we happen to leave the storm door open. And that is just what she did this afternoon (again)...

And here is where I found her. In our backyard on the playground. She has found a way (and her brothers didn't teach her) how to climb up or to the slide so she can go down herself!

  In fact she is quite proud of herself!!

I didn't even know she could climb the ladder..
 But up she went!

 Reached the top in no time!

 And so very pleased with herself.

 Next it was time to climb up the slide the wrong way...you know as we all do at one time in our lives...I just don't think I was younger than 2 when I started it!

 But up and up and up she went..

 I couldn't believe how fast she would climb up.



And then she would slide down and start again.  I am thinking that when she is a little older we may have to invest in gymnastics lessons because she seems to have no fear of heights and is coordinated too!

 And even though we are on picture overload here I had to share these pics of her in the swing. She was just in heaven...head back feeling the breeze...what could be better?!
 Ahhh the life...no cares or worries here!

Happy Sunday friends!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a cutie!

all of my kiddos have been climbers, too. (and they all climbed out of their cribs before 18 mths!) Its a little scary at first, but its so good for them to explore and to "climb".



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved