HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Birthday Tree

So this post is coming a little late, and in all honesty I took the pictures right before I packed it up for the year...but I wanted to share this fun idea with you.

Last year right around this time I saw the idea (can't remember where) to have a special "birthday tree" for the child in your family that has a December birthday.

Karlena's birthday is the 20th and so close to Christmas. I have heard friends, who were also December babies, share that their birthday was often overlooked. Especially when it fell so close to the Christmas Holiday. 

So the idea was to have a tree with ornaments just for the birthday child as an extra special way of celebrating and remembering that December birthday.

I LOVED this idea so after Christmas last year I shopped all of the 50-75% off sales to find the perfect ornaments for Karlena's tree this year.

IMG_5289
I don't know if you can see it or not but I found these little letters in the colors I chose that spelled her name.  Because her name is so special to me, I love seeing it on her things.

IMG_5291
I found the cutest cupcake ornaments and everything that I bought is shatterproof - so her little hands can't break them!

IMG_5292
Of course we have to have her initial on the tree too! :)

IMG_5293
Instead of buying an expensive tree skirt, I found this scrap of green fleece in the remnant bin at Wal-mart...I think I paid just over a dollar for it! And it made the perfect skirt.

IMG_5287
This really was one of my favorite trees. It was so girly and pretty. We had it in our kitchen...but some day I will probably set it up in her room.

So those of you with December birthdays, or kids with them....what have you done to keep a little extra special in your celebration??

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

What a great idea! Karlena's tree is so pretty!



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved