HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Friday, January 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net" to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

One morning this week, while trying to get everyone organized and ready to head out the door, I “did not” tell Gabriel that he could choose one toy to bring in his bag even though I know this is strongly discouraged. Knowing that this can cause a problem with the other kids and sharing, I “did not” justify it in my mind just because I wanted him to hurry up and get his coat on. Because I “am not” a mother ruled by her children’s behaviors!

When our furnace stopped working on the night last week that the average temp was –12 below, I “did not” get angry with my husband just because he was at a board meeting for the evening and unreachable at the time. I also “did not” throw a mini tantrum when he finally did come home because he wasn’t doing things my way to make it better. I am not a 3 year old and I “do not” act like one at times to show my outward disagreement/dissatisfaction about a situation.

In preparation for the new baby we (I) decided that we needed to paint the room since it has never been done. When we went to buy the paint Dominic thought it might be a good idea to paint the entire upstairs....since we were doing the work already. I "did not" get very overwhelmed and stressed about the enormity of this job and cause yet another "situation" over how I perceived the job would go. I mean I know better than to let my emotions cause a disagreement with my husband who was so willing to do the work - don't I??

And after working all day with little breaks, I "did not" have a handful of Peanut M&M's as my dinner because I was too tired to fix anything else!

Hopefully you all had a Happy Monday - my week at work starts today so I might be messed up for the rest of the week! :)


1 comment:

Wayne said...

Hey those m'ms are so yummy I could eat them all day, Great not me monday



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved