HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Terminal

Isn't it funny how a phone call can change your perspective on your day? Today has been so far like most, keeping busy with work, planning for the holiday weekend ahead etc. And then a phone call comes and makes me sit back and reflect on my priorities.

One of the bankers I work with called me today to tell me that one of our customers, I will call her "J", who has been dealing with cancer has just found out in the last week that her cancer is terminal. Apparently it is very aggressive - they are giving her 6-18 months, but with the fact that it is everywhere in her body and so aggressive, they aren't positive she will make it that long.

"J" is someone that I have had the chance to share e-mails with, visit with and gotten to know over the past several years. She is a funny and sweet woman and I am so very sad for her and her family that she is so sick.

Terminal.....what a harsh word, such finality. And how does one face something like this? I suppose, without faith in God and trust in a life after this one - "terminal" must be enormously scary. But what of those who know where this journey will take them - who have that faith and trust in an eternal heaven? Does that faith change "terminal" for them?

I, thankfully, have not had to experience this situation myself personally. But I would hope that if it were a part of my journey - that I would be able to walk forward, trusting in God and the reward He has set for me in Heaven.

For today, knowing that "J" is learning to adjust to the new life she has just been given, causes my heart to pray for her and her family. If you have a prayer list - please add "J" to it. I don't know if she is a believer or not. I pray that I may be a support to her and her family somehow during these next several months.

This also gives me cause to pause once again and be grateful for all of the many blessings that I have today. We don't know how long we have here and so often we miss opportunities to tell those people in our lives how important they are to us. I am so very grateful for my family and my friends. I have been graced with so many amazing people in my life - and each one of you has made me a better person. If you are reading this it means you were interested in taking some time to "get to know" me a little better. Thank you for sharing in my life, for walking with me, praying with me, laughing and crying with me. I thank God today that these relationships here on earth won't be terminal but will continue on.

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved