Monday, February 2, 2009

Gotta love My Man!

So I just had to take an opportunity to brag just for a minute about my dear, sweet husband!
It was my birthday on Friday and I was away from my family at a Partners in Policymaking session in Pierre. I was feeling a little sorry for myself that I couldn't be at home - but I was gone for a good reason and had a really good training session! Before I left the boys gave me this beautiful stone-like picture frame that says "Brothers" on it and I can't wait to get a photo of the 3 brothers together in May!!
But I assumed that this was all I was getting - and it was ok because I love the frame! So one the way up to Pierre I was telling my car/roommate that my husband isn't really the "romantic" type - that the whole flowers and card thing has never been his deal. Boy was I wrong and had to eat my words on Friday!
Little did I know that Dominic had purchased for me a Willow Tree angel - the one that is the pregnant woman holding her belly - and gotten it to Denise a month before our trip to Pierre and asked her to put it out for me the morning of my birthday!!
So I got out of the shower on Friday morning and on my pillow was a present and a card!! And he even went so far to write me this beautiful letter, which Gabriel had to sign as well! :) I mean seriously - isn't that awesome!! I was so surprised and excited I had to tell people at my traning all about it!!
Dominic - you found a way to surprise me and make me feel loved even though we had to be apart. Thank you for all you are to me! I love you!

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved