HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surprise Revealed!

So for over a month now I have been planning this big surprise. My best friend Karlena lives in Colorado. We only get to see eachother a few times a year - not often enough. She was in SD for a visit after Christmas but I only got to spend about 2 hours with her. She has plans to come and see me in May when the baby is born but a few days before my birthday in January I really felt like I needed to go and see her again.

I called Dominic and asked him what he thought. Of course, as always, he totally supported me and was willing to let me check into the flight costs!! I love my man - he is so good to me. I happened to find a GREAT deal on a flight out of Omaha to Denver and the only catch was that I had to fly on a Monday - Thursday. No problem!

So I called Karlena's MIL who also lives in Loveland and asked if she knew if Kar had any plans for the last weekend in February. I told her that I wanted to come for a long weekend but wanted to keep it a surprise if at all possible from Karlena. She said they didn't have anything planned and she would help make sure that I was picked up from the airport!

So for a month now I have been planning this surprise trip and Karlena had NO IDEA that I was going to be there! Melynda (MIL) arranged to pick me up from the airport with a bogus story about meeting a friend with a layover. We get to Karlena's house and I go in the door and needless to say - she was surprised!! :)

So far we have had so much fun together. This has been a very relaxing vacation for me and we have enjoyed just hanging out and talking and laughing together!! So there you have it - my surprise. I was totally excited about it and Karlena has been pumped too!

I just have to say that this wouldn't have been possible with out the support of my very gracious family who was willing to let me go away to play while "life" still happens at home. And also the support of Karlena's whole family who helped make this trip possible in many ways! I really am so very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life - God is good!

So until Monday morning I will be enjoying my time with Karlena and for all of those who support me and continue to support me in numerous ways - I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you too. C



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved