HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hamburger or turtle??

I realize that the title of this post may seem a little strange to some of you....

If you have been in my position, you may know what I am referring to!  But if not let me explain.

Today we had our big ultrasound.  I had decided again..cheater I know...that I wanted to know what we were having.  We didn't find out with the first 2, and then did with Elijah. I felt to stay balanced that we should probably find out again! :)

Everything in the ultrasound looked good. Baby was moving like crazy and so our tech really had to work to get some of the important shots. But he did a great job and showed us the areas of the brain, and the spine and the heart etc.

Everything looked as it should and baby thus far seems to be growing like it should.  We told him that we wanted to know if baby was a boy or a girl. I was desperately watching the whole thing trying to see if I could figure it out myself. Most of that stuff looks indescribable to me...so I couldn't tell at all.

When we had Elijah's scan I had done some searching on the internet and seen that boy parts are described as looking like a "turtle" and girl parts like a "hamburger". (Sorry for those of you who may have TMI here!!)

With Elijah the "turtle" was quite evident.  This time I couldn't see this myself as he scanned around...but like I said everything was difficult to distinguish. And then he put a circle around something and said "Well do you know what that is?"

Then he started to type on the monitor....GI....and I knew right away. We were looking at a "hamburger"!!! :) :)

That's right  - we finally get to say that the next Smith baby is going to be a GIRL!!!!

We are THRILLED. Dominic is still in shock I think! :) I am not sure that all these boys are going to know what to do with a little girl....but we are all excited to have the chance to find out!

She will be named after my best friend, and faithful, Godly example, Karlena. I can't put into words how much it means to me to be able to have a daughter and to be able to forward Karlena's continuing legacy to her. God is so so good.

And I have already gotten some of my first "pink" gifts today from my family!! My dad dropped off the pink cotton candy they got for me at the fair that Isaac forgot to bring home yesterday and Beth stopped by on her lunch hour with some pink flowers in a pink vase with Miss Karlena's first pink teddy bear!

I feel blessed in so many ways and so thankful to be able to share it here! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

3 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

Yeah!! So glad your ultrasound went well - and yeah for girls! Thanks for sharing your fun news!! Still praying for you guys!

Tracy said...

that is so awesome!!!

Mel said...

Congrats on your hamburger! :)



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved