HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fear

I can’t explain it, I don’t understand it and I know it is irrational, but today I seem to be filled with fear.

I don’t suffer from panic attacks or anything like that but I do have a very active imagination and I often allow my mind to wander to places I know it shouldn’t go. Quickly and very easily everything can become a catastrophe and I begin to consider the “worst case scenario” in different situations.

Today I seem to be consumed with fear over this pregnancy. I have no “legitimate” reasons for this fear. In fact I have a host of reasons to believe that everything is fine and going along as planned – but yet my mind wanders to that dark place and I am filled with fear.

I feel the fear of the possibility that we could still lose this pregnancy, or the fear that something will be “wrong” with our baby, or…the list could go on and on.

Fear – it is ugly. It masks the truth, it darkens hope and it makes me feel out of control.

I believe that satan is real in our society today and I believe that this is where these fears come from. He wants me to succumb to these fears, to believe them. Because when I do I am shutting myself off from the Light and the truth.

I did a search for bible versus related to fear and here are some that I found.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41: 10)

"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you should eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span?" (Matthew 6:25-27)

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:33-34)

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1)

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? (Psalms 56:3-4)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)

Promises – promises to us that no matter what we face, real or not, He is with us. He is my rock and my salvation, He is the strength of my life. Do not fear for He is with me.

What do I want to believe today? Promises or lies? Real truth or unrealized fear?

It is my choice really. I holdfast to the promises today and I will shield myself with His word and His truth - that the lies of one who seeks to destroy me will flee in terror of the almighty truth of a God who love me.

And the truth shall set me free….

No comments:



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved