HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Sunday, October 23, 2011

WOF, Bloggy Friends and Michael Jackson!




We just got home from our weekend at Women of Faith!! And what a weekend it was!


This was both a difficult and yet blessing-filled weekend for me. Over the past several years Karlena and I attended WOF in Denver together. Last year when she was too sick to travel we bought the DVD's and had a conference in her home together. That weekend together was the last time I saw her alive.

And while her absence was felt strongly for me this weekend - God is so good to me that he took a time of what could have been felt as great loss and filled it with new friends! I have made several friendships through blogging and this weekend I got to meet and spend time with a few of those beautiful women and my mom! Mom, Kami, Trish, Jess, Tonya, Sharon and Angela....you helped make this weekend extra special for me and I am SO grateful! (Proof that good relationships can be formed through the www.)

Oh and to top off the fun - Kami got a call from WOF about a week before the conference and they said that they were moving us from our really high up seats to some AWESOME seats on the floor! God is SO good!

After being led in worship by the talented worship team and singing "You Are God Alone"...one of my favorites..and then to sing with 10,000 other women - AWESOME!!.....

Dr Henry Cloud and Shiela Walsh started the weekend off for us.

Sheila reminded us that there are over 3000 promises in the Bible and one of my favorite things that Sheila said was "One place where peace is always available is at the feet of Jesus."  Then Dr Henry talked about "pruining" and that "to get to the Promised Land there is ALWAYS a death before the resurrection."


Lisa Harper talked about having a "colander heart" when any good that came in always leaked out.  But that we can fill that hole with Jesus and that "God Sees You".

One of the things that Luci talked about was when she took a trip with World Vision. She shared that she had already decided she was NOT going to sponsor a child....but now after her first WV trip so many years ago she is sponsoring 14 children!

14!!
 Pretty inspiring to find a way to go out and give back or as she said "Live Every Moment Fully"!!

Angie Smith was the highlight of the conference for me. I have been reading Angie's blog and praying for her since she started blogging 4 yrs ago. Her books are God-breathed and she has such an amazing testimony.

She was talking about her Audrey and when she said that after 2 1/2 hrs she went to be with Jesus I heard this audible gasp throughout the audience. And I was shocked. I guess I assumed that everyone "knew" about Angie's story.

And then what I realized was that there in that moment Angie, in your brokenness and transparency, fear-filled or not - an arena full of women were brought to the feet of "Kyrios"...Divine Son of God, Lord Jesus the One to whom I belong.

I didn't take any pictures of her because I was bawling the "ugly cry" during pretty much the entire time she was speaking.

I had one of her books with me and planned on staying afer the conference to have her sign it. When I raced up to get in line when it was done I was told that her line was closed and I was out of luck. I felt like I had been punched in the gut - I was SO hoping to hug her in person and just tell her thank you for all she has meant to my walk over the past few years. Let's just say some tears were shed at the end :( Next time I know better to skip the end and get in line early!

And finally one of the coolest things I have ever seen at WOF in the past 12 years.  Oh but if you are reading this and will be attending another conference you MUST stop reading now because we all promised we wouldn't tell....right Mary?! :)

Little Elliott...I mean Michael Jackson did a performance for us to the song "I'm Bad". I have never seen a 5 yr old dance like that. I am not even sure how he got his legs and hips moving that fast...but I am telling you it was so great and he had the crowd on their feet! I got a picture but it is a lot blurry and pretty dark...those quick moving legs were amazing!

He has a future in music for sure! :)


Except for the book signing disappointment, this weekend was so wonderful. I left filled and refreshed and focused. God is SO good and He does so many amazing things in my life. Truly more than I can imagine.

Thank you WOF for all the work you do in putting these weekends together. It is something that I look forward to every year!

5 comments:

Kami said...

The weekend was simply amazing and I am so thankful that you were part of it! It has been a blessing to know you and I look forward to seeing you again! :) Love you, sweet friend!

Jess :) said...

You summed up the weekend BEAUTIFULLY!!!! Next time, I'll make sure you get to meet/hug Ang! She and Lisa had to get to the airport for their 7:30 flight and that's why she had to limit her line to 20, which she wasn't even sure she'd have enough time for all 20. I'm SO sorry you didn't get to see her. :( In April!!!!

It was SOOOO AWESOME to see you. I'm looking forward to MANY more visits in the future!

Love and Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I wanted to go to WOF SO bad! So I enjoyed hearing all about it! Maybe I can go with you next year. I am so sorry for losing your friend, but what a neat story that you got the DVDs and watch them with her!
You sound like a great friend!

TanyaLea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TanyaLea said...

Oh Kristin ~ here I spent all weekend with you and was not even aware that you were processing the loss of your friend at the first ever WOF conference you attended without her. I'm so sorry. I pray God wrapped you in his unfailing love and comfort in those moments you were feeling her absence.

I sure enjoyed getting to know you and your mom though. It was a weekend I needed much more that I had prepared myself for. I am so grateful for every single testimony up on that stage, and each woman (and man) who spoke and brought forth more tears and laughter in one weekend combined than I think I have ever experienced before in my life. I look forward to attending more WOF conferences in the future and hope I get to see you again one day ~ I trust I will!!

I wish I would've had more time to visit with Jess, too. I just wasn't feeling myself at the moment I got to meet her and had to peel out during the concert that evening, and before I knew it, the weekend was almost over and she had left. It was a great time though and so glad I shared it with such a lovely group of ladies!!

Keep in touch! :)

Love and Hugs,
~ Tanya



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved