HomeAbout MeMeet Our FamilyBooks I RecommendContact Me

Friday, February 10, 2012

Five Minute Fridays - TRUST



Today I am linking up with Lisa Jo of The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Fridays. The premise is simple - 5 minutes of writing, unedited, no back tracking, no overthinking!
Today's topic is TRUST.

Our family is being stretched in ways I can't even wrap my arms around right now. There are really only a few responses I can have....

Lay down and die or Trust.

I think it is interesting that the verse that I have been memorizing recently is Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

Right now at this moment this is all I can do.

Trust.

Trust that even though we can't see it....what will happen...that God has brought us to this place and He will walk us through it.

Trust that if nothing else we will come out of this time as a stronger family, couple...united.

Trust that we just have to deal with and live through today, and tomorrow will be taken care of tomorrow.

I don't need to spend endless hours wasted in worry.

All I have to do is trust.

Easy words to say when life is easy-peasy...

Difficult to walk through when life is not.

But this is my choice, it has to be. If not now then all of the words I ever expressed before about God's love and faithfulness mean nothing.

I am trusting you God - I don't understand, I don't agree but I trust.

I have to.

STOP

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no idea your situation, but isn't it funny that you were the linky before me on Gypsy Mama's site? And that I am struggling with the same thing?
"I don't need to spend endless hours wasted in worry."
Ah words that I have been repeating to myself countlessly.
Have a really blessed day, and just know that your determination to trust is exactly what He wants. Even if you falter, He knows your heart. (I guess that means He knows mine, too, huh?)

Anonymous said...

so...so sorry for your pain right now...I lift a prayer for you...May you feel His Grace and Mercy that flows from His Throne in your time of need...
Blessings to you...



The Smith Family Journey

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin


Recent Visitors

Love (in)courage

Get Your Verse On!

Wild Olive

Love Gussy!

Maggie Whitley Gussy Sews

Are you a "Sunday"?

Praying for our kids

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved